- What is a blog? Blogs are online writing where bloggers (IDN community member writers) share a variety of personal experiences and insights — including theories, strategies, research, and thoughts pertaining to multiple blog categories all related to Integration/webMethods subjects with step by step instructions and screenshots.
A very important feature of a blog is that it allows readers' comments. Today's technology not only offers traditional written blogging but also oral blogging () and even "shown" blogging ( ):
- What is Podcasting and Video Blogging?
is the term used to describe an audio version of a blog, the thoughts, ideas, theories, strategy or otherwise conversation of a person/s done in audio format (typically MP3). is the term used to describe a visual diary or log of a person/s using a webcam or other video camera equipment. Both are then made available for playback on a webpage or for download. You can also use our Video section for uploading your videos for your convinience.
- When should I blog?
On IDN, blogs can be used for short, unofficial announcements, to share experiences, thoughts and opinions about the different webMethods and other Integration products and solutions, Integration communities, Integration projects etc.
- How to get started?
- First you'll need to. Since guests can only view the content. Once you are registered receive the confirmation email and activated your account, you're ready to go!
- Go to "Blogs" tab, in case you're an experienced blogger, on your left hand navigation. From there you can manage your blogger account:
- View your published blogs from "your post" tab, your pending blogs from "Ready for Approval" tab or your draft blogs from "Draft posts" tab. You can of course start a new blog from "Create New post" tab and to check out your posts being approved from "Approved post" tab.
- In "Weblogger Home" tab you also have an overview of all your posted blogs along with other users postings once they get approved and "Profile page" tab is where you can go back to IDNProfile and calculate your points from community section.
-While creating your blogs from "Create New Post" tab by default your blogs will go into "Draft posts". After drafting your blog once you are sure to post it change the status of your blog to Ready for approval by clicking on the Radio button.
-Your blogs with status "Ready for Approval" will be reviewed and approved by EOD, once approved 10 points will be credited to your account and you can access the blog from "Approved post" and "Weblogger Home" tabs.
-While creating your blogs do not forgot to save them within a timeframe of 15 minutes, since the session for saving will timeout in 15 minutes.
-You will be allowed to edit your draft entries upto 5 times in a day i.e one draft entry can be edittable max of 5 times in a day.
- Blogs with abusive content will be deleted by default and user will be sent a warning.
Blogs by Category: Blogs sorted by more than 10 topics. New categories will be reviewed and created on request.
Blogger Help: A few tips to help you
Comments: Registered users can view comments from other IDN users for their blog posts.
- Creating Your Post
Click on the "Create New " link. A new window will open:
Blog title: Title of your blog, recommended to start with <webMethods step by step><your blog title>
Permanent link: The permanent link for your blog as it will appear at IDN blogs and also made searchable through search engines.
Body or Blog content: Select always Rich text while posting your blog with screenshots of images.
Content: Always start your blog with Task name, OS used and Platform or version of the component.
A: Style your text: bold, italics, or strikethrough.
B: Make an automatic list: you can choose between bullets and numbers.
C: Insert/Edit Image: Embed pictures in your blog. Enter the Image URL generated before by the "Upload Image" function in your Blogger Home. Enter a short description and then choose its alignment and dimensions. You can change these definitions even after inserted, just make sure to click on the image before re-clicking the button.
D: Undo/Redo: Enter the file's type (Flash, Windows Media Player, Quicktime etc.), its URL and its dimensions. You can change these definitions even after inserted.
E: Insert/Edit link: Enter a hyperlink (option available only if text is highlighted) and choose whether to open it in the same or in a new window. In order to unlink, highlight the word and click on the right button.
F: Insert/Edit anchor: An anchor allows you to jump to a specific place in your blog.
G: Paste from word: Choose your text format by pasting the content from word document.
H: Edit toolbar (icons respectively): Cut, copy, paste text, paste as plain text, paste from Word (if you'll paste from MS word without using this special paste - you'll have superfluous HTML tags in your blog and will have to manually clean them up!), select all (text and images), undo, redo, cleanup messy code and edit HTML source (useful when you include an HTML code in your blog or can't get rid of superfluous tags the usual way).
I: Add Readmore : You can add Read more to your blog posts.
|HomeForumsJobsIDN ProfileIDN CommunityCertificationUseful LinkswM IQ’sBlogsTutorialVideos|